ATTACK IN FIRST HALF GIVES VICTORY TO 1930

YALE ADVANCES 95 YARDS TO SCORE IN LAST QUARTER

New Haven, Conn., November 14.--Breaking a six-year dearth of victories over the Blue, the Harvard Freshman eleven overcame the Yale first-year outfit here yesterday by a 19 to 7 score. The Blue line was unable to withstand the knife-like thrusts of the Harvard backs, who launchd a tornadic attack that netted three touchdowns in the first half.

Hitch Scores for Crimson

In the middle of the opening period the visitors started from deep down in their own territory to march down the field to a score. Once the Blue wall held momentarily, but the interrupted drive was resumed, with Hitch worming his way through holes in the Eli line to tear off large gains, and Holbrook starring with his dodging of tacklers in an open field. Hitch finally bolted over the last white line on a short line buck. The try-for-point failed.

Immediately after the following kick-off, Mason, Crimson halfback, took the ball from scrimmage, cut through the line, and was off on a dazzling run that took him 50 yards to the Blue 7-yard chalk. Here the period ended, but on the first play of the second quarter Captain Wetmore slashed through the Eli defense for a touchdown, and dropkicked the thirteenth point into the Harvard column.

Wetmore Makes Third Tally

Near the close of the quarter Captain Wetmore caught a punt on the Yale 40-yard line, fell in behind perfect interference, and sprinted the 40 yards for his team's third tally.

Just before the end of the game the Blue stands had their chance to cheer. Bendere, Yale fullback, stood on his own 5-yard line, caught an attempt at a field goal, and ran it out to the 30-yard mark. Here lie passed to Hall, a substitute quarterback, who dashed and dodged his way through the entire Harvard team to earn six points for his team. Aldrich, brother of the famous Mac Aldrich of four years ago, dropkicked the goal.