BROWN AIR ATTACK FATAL TO CRIMSON IN FINAL ANALYSIS

Ten Substitutions Made Five Minutes Before End--New Team Scores Last Seven Points of 21 to 0 Victory

Up from Rhode Island came the Brown Bear, swarmed all over a bewildered Crimson eleven, and demonstrated why his teeth and claws have been so much feared this fall. The damage, in cold figures, was 21 to 0.

Fast, powerful, mercilessly efficient, the Brown forwards streamed through the Crimson front defense and smothered play after play well behind the line of scrimmage. Often, particularly in the first half, French, back to pass or kick, found the Bruins climbing over him before he could get the ball in position to get away. Later, Chauncey suffered the same fate, and several times was thrown for losses of 10 or 15 yards before he could dispose of the pigskin.

Brown Line Superior

The Harvard line, weakened by the injuries that kept three regulars on the sidelines until late in the game, was unable to break the Brown barrier, and plunge after plunge of the Crimson backs piled up on a heap of Crimson linesmen, spilled by the opposing defense.

The famous Bruin backfield of Randall, Mishel, Lawrence, and Cornsweet galloped like Notre Dame's "Four Horsemen" of a few years ago. Four speedsters, shifty, hard-charging, with an uncanny knack of slipping out of the grasp of a tackler who apparently had them downed, theirs was the glory of the day. Slipping through gaps in the Crimson forward wall, they tore off big gains, and gave an exhibition of sustained and versatile power that stamps them as one of the greatest carrying combinations of the season.

Air Attack Decided Issue

But it was to an air attack that Coach Horween's team really succumbed. Mishel and Randall took turns throwing the ball to each other, and each time it meant disaster for the Crimson. In the first quarter, after a short kick by French had given Brown the ball at midfield, the Bruins rushed it to Harvard's 19-yard mark, a 21-yard romp by Mishel being the feature of the march. Then Randall hurled the pigskin to Mishel for a first down on the 9-yard line. A triple pass gained a yard, and then Mishel tossed to Randall, who stepped over the line for the first score. Again, shortly after the second period opened, Brown had the ball at midfield. Two graceful arcs planted the ball over the University goal. Mishel threw both passes; Randall received them.

Iron Men Yanked

Brown's "iron men" lasted until five minutes before the close of the game. Then, to the disgust of the Rhode Island rooters, substitutes were sent in, who, in the gathering darkness put over Brown's third score. Mishel tore through the Harvard team for 40 yards, to be downed on the Crimson 32-yard streak. Edes, diminutive Bruin back, raced 26 yards, and on the next play a triple pass, Eisenberg to Randall to Edes, accounted for six yards and the third touchdown. The point after touchdown came, as had the other two, on a business-like dropkick.

Coady, Saltonstall, and Stewart with minor bruises, were the only Crimson casualties of the battle and it is expected that the entire squad, including Guarnaccia, will be ready for the Yale encounter on Saturday.