LATEST HARVARD BOOKS

Congress: An Explanation

By Robert Luce, '82

"Perhaps the most pleasant feature of the book is the simple, Honest manner in which the subject is approached and discussed. Congressman Luce is not a blind optimist but neither is he a pessimist. Therefore his opinions are of genuine value."--Cleveland Topics. $1.50.

Beaumont and Fletcher on the Restoration Stage

By Arthur C. Sprague, '19

"There is an enormous mass of minute and curious information in this book, collected from pretty nearly every imaginable source. The most cursory examination of it provokes admiration of the indefatigable industry displayed in the compilation and arrangement of it."--J. Rankin Towse in the New York Evening Post. $4.00

Prints and Books

By William M. Ivins, '01

"These papers by the Curator of Prints in the Metropolitan Museum are a happy combination of scholarship, insight, and informal literary skill. As a means of augmenting the happiness of those who visit museums, these papers are to be recommended."--New Republic. $5.00

The Essays of Montaigne

Translated by George B. Ives, '76

"An excellent piece of work. It is a good example of interpretation, and conveys the real sense; it is graceful, keeps an even flow, and does not worry one with false modernism. It makes one forget that it is a translation--J. St. Loe Strachey, in the London Speculator. 4 volumes, $25.00.

The Harvard University Hymn Book

Edited by E. C. Moore and A. T. Davison, '06

"In respect to the verse the choice is exceptionally fine. A conscious effort was made to avoid all controversial or purely doctrinal hymns with the result that we have a hymnal trully interdenominational, containing most of the great and noble hymns of all our various churches."--Auburn Saminary Record. Responsive Readings included. $3.50.

The Letters of Tobias Smollett

Edited by Edward S. Noyes

To the forty-eight known letters of Smollett the editor has added nineteen, filled out twelve with new material, and enriched them all with full scholarly notes. They constitute an important addition to literary history. $3.00.

Delusion and Belief

By C. Macfie Campbell

The author, Professor of Psychiatry in the Harvard Medical School, declares that much physical ill comes from false thinking--a thesis that he supports with convincing examples. He predicts that the next great task of medicine will be to combat the unsound beliefs that subtly but surely undermine health. $1.50.