NEW YALE RINK OPENING SET FOR EARLY JANUARY

BLUE SEXTET WILL START WORK IN SPRINGFIELD ARENA

The new Yale hockey rink will be completed early in January, it was announced recently by H. F. Woodcock, general manager of the Yale Athletic Association. The opening game for the rink has been tentatively scheduled with St. Nicholas on January 18.

According to the plans of the H. A. A. as stated yesterday, the University team will play Yale this winter on a home and home basis, if nothing unforeseen delays the construction of the New Haven arena.

The uncertainty of ice conditions at Yale in the past has made the playing of a regular hockey schedule very difficult, but the refrigerating machinery of the new home rink insures the Eli players of a frozen surface this year. When completed, Yale's arena will be one of the finest in the East.

To Start Work in Springfield

A hockey meeting for the Yale players has been scheduled for November 29, in Lampoon Lyceum, where Coach Wanamaker, Captain Noble, Manager G. H. Walker Jr., and others will address the candidates assembled. Practice will be held previous to the opening of the new rink, in the Eastern States Exposition Building in Springfield until the start of the Christmas holidays. On December 16, the squad will go to Princeton for practice in the Hobey Baker rink.

After Christmas the Yale squad will reassemble at Princeton and will drill twice a day in the Tiger arena until January 2. College starts on January 5 and the Yale team will practice again in Springfield. The new ice palace is expected to be ready about January 8.

The entire schedule has not yet been announced definitely but the Yale management has booked a game at Princeton for January 15.

The new Yale arena will be called the Walker memorial rink after H. Z. Walker, the alumnus who started its construction last summer. Since his death, the work has been carried on by Padoloff and Sons, a New Haven real estate concern.