HARRIERS DEPART TODAY TO ENGAGE IN L.C. 4-A MEET

HAGGERTY AND REID EXPECTED TO PLACE AMONG LEADERS

With the championship of the late "Big Three" safely stowed away and with an unmarried record for the season the University harries will entrain today for the I. C. A. A. A. A. titular meet in New York City on Monday.

The University won the individual crown last year when Captain W. L. Tibbetts '26 sprinted ahead of J. C. Loucks of Syracuse in the most thrilling six mile race ever witnessed on the New York course. The winning time was 30 minutes and 34 seconds.

Placed Third Last Year

The University team placed third among the 16 colleges represented last season. Syracuse and Pittsburgh gained the prior positions in the Intercollegiate meet. R. G. Luttman '28, was the only Crimson runner besides Captain Tibbetts to place in the first ten.

This year Harvard is favored to win Captain E. C. Haggerty '27 and J. L. Reid '29 have proved themselves the best of the Crimson forces. On them will Harvard's hope for a place among the leaders be pinned.

Rely On Clustered Quintet

The strength of the University team, however, lies in the five men who have finished in a cluster in nearly every race this season. These runners Lesle Flaksman '29, Edward Gordon '27, W. B. King '27, T. L. Mayhew '27 and L. J. Novograd '27 should arrive at the tape Monday afternoon near enough together and soon enough to subdue Harvard's rivals for the team title.

1930 is Not Entered

The Freshman cross country team will not be entered in the Intercollegiate first year event at Van Courtlandt Park on Monday afternoon. Last year the Yale Freshmen won the meet after suffering a reverse from the Harvard team. With the undefeated 1930 runners rated this season as the strongest first year aggregation in the East it is believed that they would not have much difficulty in annexing the title.