SOCCER TEAM SQUEEZES OUT TRIUMPH OVER YALE

HARVARD FRESHMEN BOW BEFORE ELIS, 1 TO 4

New Haven, Conn., November 21.--With tallies by Carr, Trevett and Danielian swelling the Crimson total, the Harvard soccer team came from behind to score a 3 to 2 triumph over Yale here yesterday afternoon.

The first period saw the Elis roll up an apparently commanding lead when the aggressive Yale forward line ran the Crimson backs ragged to score twice. Fletcher and Sleath were the goal-shooters, both taking passes from Ives in sharp scrimmages to slip the ball past Thomas into the Harvard cage. Early in the second quarter Carr counted on a beautiful kick from the sidelines that shot into the goal at an acute angle. At the first-half intermission the Blue led by 2 to 1.

Danielian Makes Winning Tally

In the middle of the third period. Trevett launched a long kick from scrimmage that eluded the Yale defense and rolled into the goal. Danielian caged the winning tally in the final division of play.

The Ell booters consistently forced the play in aggressive fashion, but the surer passwork of the Crimson forwards brought victory. Ives, with his passing and constant pressing of the Harvard goal, and Preston, in the defense, starred for Yale, while Trevett and Danielian played best for the visitors.

Before the two University teams took the field, the Yale Freshmen had taken the measure of the Harvard 1930 eleven by 4 to 1. Captain Vogel, starring for his team, booted a short goal from in front of the Eli cage in the first period and put the Crimson in the lead.

A hot scrimmage in front of the Harvard goal in the second period ended when Ashley suddenly shot the ball into the cage for his team's first point. In the third period Chittenden, charging upon Goalkeeper Salmon, who was holding the ball, drove him back into the goal for a score, and with the elevens deadlocked four minutes before the final whistle, Everett and Anderson scored in quick succession.