SCOTT AND SMITH LAW CLUBS WIN WAY INTO AMES FINALS

Ames Competition to Hold Finale on January 14

In the semi-finals of the Ames Competition held last week, the Scott Club and the Smith Club of the Law School were victorious over the Bryce Club and the Langdell Club, and won their way into the finals, which will be held on January 14.

All three classes carry on work in the Ames Competition. First year students are organised into clubs of about eight men each, under the general direction of third-year men. Membership in these clubs is, of course, not compulsory, but owing to the valuable training which the activities of the clubs afford, about 80 per cent of the first year men join. The scheme has won the hearty approval of the faculty, who urge the new students to affiliate themselves with some one of the organizations.

These second-year Law School Clubs are the survivors of a competition that has lasted since the opening of the year. The members of the winning team in the final round will receive prizes.

One couple is chosen from each of the competing clubs in the finals to present the argument and answer the opponents. W. C. Carter 3L. and R. K. Chase 3L. will argue for the Scott Club on January 14, and W. D. Gallagher Jr. 3L. and J. W. Averitt 2nd 3L. will present the Smith Club case: