TAU BETA PI ALTERS BY LAWS IN ELECTING SIX

MEMBERS MUST HAVE GRADES OF B IN ENGINEERING COURSES

The Tau Beta Pi honorary society of the University Engineering School announced last night the election of six Seniors to its roster.

It was found necessary at the electoral meeting of the Harvard chapter to alter the by-laws in order to admit an extra man from the exceptionally large number of eligible Seniors.

Five members of the Class of 1927 were elected in the Junior group last year and it was felt that at least six more men were deserving of election out of the 12 men eligible. The change in the by-laws states that all students in the first quarter of the class can be elected to membership in the Society if such action is felt desirable.

A qualifying by-law was also added to the constitution of the local chapter making it necessary for a student to have an average grade of B in his engineering studies as well as in all his other studies to be eligible for election.

The six Seniors elected into the Society were: Fenner Smith Barbour of Haverhill, William Humphreys Doherty of Cambridge, James Millar Graves of Washington, D. C., Norman Abraham Haskell of St. Louis, John Whittemore Teele of Boston, and Robert Norman Walsh of Oradell, New York.