CHEEK TO COACH PLAYERS IN FIRST CLASS SQUASH LEAGUE

To Utilize University Cut--40 Crimson Aspirants in Tournament

As a result of the recent decision to inaugurate an inter-class squash competition this year, all men not retained on the University squash squad will be turned over for coaching to M. A. Cheek '26, according to an announcement made by Coach Harry Cowles yesterday.

The 40 candidates that reported October 29 have been enrolled in a squash tournament and will have a chance for competitive practice early in the season. All matches must be played off on schedule, according to Coach Cowles, so that the leading candidates for the team may be determined.

Despite the fact there are only-two veterans back from last year's team. Captain H. N. Rawlins '27 and P. M. Lenhart '271 Coach Cowles is confident that he will have a strong squad this season. In commenting on the prospects, he said. "I believe that Captain Rawlins is one of the finest stylists in the country. He should prove an excellent leader for a squad that has the power but is not yet sufficiently trained in technique.

The first round of the squash tournament has already been played off and the finals should be played text week. The second round will be completed tonight.