WILL HONOR MEMORY OF DR. FROTHINGHAM

Chairman of Board of Preachers Tells of Dr. Frothingham's Life of Service to Church and University

Tomorrow morning at 8.45 o'clock, the regular Appleton Chapel service will be held in memory of the Alley Dr. Paul Revere Frothingham '80, late pastor of the Arlington Street Church, who died suddenly last Saturday. Professor E. C. Moore, chairman of the University Board of Preachers, will conduct the services, assisted by the Rev. H. E. B. Speight, rector of King's Chapel, and will pay a special tribute to Dr. Frothingham.

Long On Board of Preachers

Graduated from the Harvard Divinity School in 1889, Dr. Frothingham held a pastorate for a number of years in New Bedford, coming to the Arlington Street Church in 1900. As soon as he returned to Boston, he began preaching occasionally at Appleton Chapel, serving on the University Board of Preachers from 1899 to 1902, and in 1909 to 1910. Since 1913 he has been a constant member of that Board, and has been often heard in the Appleton Chapel pulpit. From 1904 to 1910 and from 1918 to 1924 he served on the Board of Overseers of the University.

Moore Makes Tribute

Professor Moore paid high tribute to Dr. Frothingham last night. "For 17 years, at different times, Dr. Frothingham was a member of the Board of Preachers. The last 13 consecutive years of his long and honored service constitute a longer period of membership on the Board than that of any other preacher. Twice, during my absence, he served as Chairman of the Board, and there is no man whose record is one of longer or more useful service than his. His passing is a severed loss to religious life at the University and to the Church in this country."