A MAN COULD STAND UP

The man about town, from time immemorial, the beau ideal of tailors, is fast yielding his place to the college man. As one scans the magazine and newspaper advertisements one is soon struck with the high opinion which Fashion Park holds concerning the collegiate mode--that is collegiate in the college sense and not as depicted in the moving pictures. Each college (with the marked and poignant exception of Harvard) has its best dressed man who enthusiastically recommends collars, shirts, ties and sundry haberdashery. If one wishes to be attired correctly--in a manner neat but emphatically not gaudy--one must wear the clothes of the undergraduate.

Yesterday an exclusive New York firm, dealing in men's wear, opened, through its advertising columns, new and alluring vistas to the smart (sartorially) student. These merchants have it would seem, sox innumerable--not the common or vulgar type of sox, but something entirely different and revolutionary. To wit:--sox with the name of the wearer's alma mater embroidered, sewn or woven on the sides, where the clock usually runs. Thus, one sits down, adjusts one's trousers, crosses one's legs--and Jo! there is a Yale, Princeton, Michigan or what not man. While the possibilities are interesting in male colleges and universities the real developments will come when the movement spreads to Northampton, Poughkeepsie and coeducational institutions.