CLASS ELEVENS BATTLE TO DETERMINE CHAMPIONSHIP

Sophomores and Juniors Meet--Winner Faces Yale

Battling for a chance to play the winning Yale class team the Sophomores and Juniors will meet this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock to decide the University football championship. Counted out of the running a week ago, the 1929 eleven came to the fore on Wednesday with a wonderful fighting spirit and an aggressive attack that swept the 1928 warriors off their feet, and hurled them to a 16 to 7 downfall, earning the right for a play-off to decide the title.

There is little to choose between the two title contenders. The Junior eleven started the season with in rush, overwhelming the Seniors in the opening game, 22 to 0, while the second-year men were held to a 6 to 0 score by the Senior outfit. In the following games, the Sophomores gained in power, while the Junior attack became less effective, until it was almost completely throttled in the last tilt with the Sophomores. On the basis of these comparisons, the 1929 team should be made the favorite, as having displayed greater ability to rise to an occasion, but the Juniors have a fast and versatile offense, with an especially effective aerial game that may upset predictions at any time.

The victor in this afternoon's struggle will clash with the winning class team of Yale on November 12, at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field.