CRIMSON ASPIRANTS GET CHANCE NEXT WEEK

TERM OF DURATION NINE WEEKS, BROKEN BY VACATION

With the opening next Wednesday of two competitions, the CRIMSON will offer to Sophomores their last chance to try for positions on the News Board, and to Juniors, a final opportunity to become members of the Editorial Board. Also, for the first time in CRIMSON history. Sophomores will be permitted to compete with the upperclassmen for the Editorial Board.

This last innovation is a distinct departure of CRIMSON policy. Hitherto, undergraduates have been compelled to wait until their third year before being given an opportunity to express their views in the editorial columns. The competition will be for Sophomores and Juniors alike, and to distinction will be made between the competitors of the two classes.

At a meeting to be held at the CRIMSON Building at 7 o'clock next Wednesday, officers of the paper will address the candidates, and outline the progress of the competitions, which will open at once, with the start of active work on Thursday.

Each competition will last nine weeks, with ample opportunity for candidates to prepare themselves for the mid-year examinations. During the examination period the work will be light, and so ordered that it will in no way interfere with academic duties and requirements.

Competitors for the News Department gather and write all the stories for each lay's paper. Routine University news interviews with leading personages, feature articles and sport stories are all in the province of the CRIMSON reporter.

Editorial candidates are required to write at least one editorial each day. Questions of University policy, and commerrs on world-happenings offer to the assistance an inexhaustible field for exercise of his literary abilities.