SPONSOR PLAYWRITING BY UNDERGRADUATES

WRITERS WILL BE GIVEN FAIR CHANCE FOR PRODUCING WORKS

According to an announcement made last night the Harvard Dramatic Club is going to revive interest in play-writing at Harvard by organizing a group of men interested in this work in meet at regular intervals to discuss problems of dramatic writing and to write plays for production by the club or, it they merit it, for submission to Broadway producers.

Ever since the passing of the "47 Workshop" there has been a desire to give plays by undergraduates a fair chance at production, but to dare the attempts of the Dramatic Club have been unsuccessful. It is planned to run these group meetings as informally as possible. No definite outline has been drawn up but at the preliminary meeting this evening at 7 o'clock in 26 Thayer Hall south country, the views and opinions of all men interested in this sort of activity will be given fair consideration.

There is no limit to membership in this group. All members of the University are invited to join and express their opinions on the best way to organize such a move. The main reason for holding this meeting before the vacation is to give the persons attending an opportunity to think the matter over, 30 that when work is resumed on January 3 some definite plans can be formulated.

The organization of such a group is being temporarily sponsored by undergraduates, but it is hoed that any interest aroused will eventually help to establish a course for play-writing and, once again, place Harvard dramatists before the theater public.