SQUASH ACTIVITY MARKS PRE-HOLIDAY SEASON

SCRIBES TO BATTLE TUTORS FOR LEAGUE LEAD

Playing the last maten of the Class A squash tournament against the Cambridge Squash Racquets Club on Saturday, J. L. Pool '28, defeated F. I. Carpenter '26, 2-15, 15-7, 15-12, 18-14, giving the University a 1 to 1 victory. The other four matches, of which the University team won three, were played on Friday.

The Class B team won 3 to 2 against the second Cambridge group when Sea-bury Oliver '28 defeated L. H. Roots '26, 15-11, 15-13, 15-18, 5-15, 15-7.

On December 28, the University team will play the New York Racquet Club in New York, W. P. Dixon '25, State Champion in 1921, and National Champion in 1925 and 1926, will be the number 1 man on the Racquct Club team . C. A. Pratt Jr. '28 will replace R. L. Debevoise '29 during the illness of the Sophomore star.

The final of the Class tournaments will be played today. Shiras Morris Jr. and Sidney Singer will clash for the Senior Championship. H. G. Cushing and G. T. Francis will meet for the Junior crown. The 1929 final will be decided by R. K. Tilt and P. H. Rhinelander. The squads of twelve will be chosen for the formation of the class teams after the matches.

In the informal squash league, the Smith Hall Proctors were forced to default to the Managers and the CRIMSON racquet-wielders due to the indisposition of M. A. Cheek '26 and R. H. Field '26.

The CRIMSON will clash with the University Hall Tutors aggregation this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. The Scribes will liaeup as follows: J. F. Barnes '27, H. C. Barelett '28, Edward Baur '27, V. O. Jones '28, Richard Melsenbach '28. The Tutors will be represented by E. S. Mason, Paul Birdsall, Richard Opie, C. C. Brinton '19, and Francis Parkman '19, The journalists will be battlling for the league leadership, now held by the Tutors. The prevctors of the Gold Coast dormitories are corsidering entering a team. Following is a summary of the steading of the teams:

University Hall Tutors: Won 9 and lost 1. The Crimson: Won 10 and lost 5 The Managers, Won 9 and lost 6, H. A. H. Team Won 1 and lost 11. Smith Hall Proctors; Won 3 and lost 12.