McKINLOCK LIBRARY IS TO OPEN ON DECEMBER 27

DEAN GREENOUGH IS PRESENT AT EXECUTIVE MEETING

December 27 was the date set last night for the opening of the McKinlock Library at a meeting at which W. C. Lane '81, Librarian of Widener, presided. Dean C. N. Greenough '98, the residents of the Freshman dormitories, the head proctors, the Library Committee and the Dormitory Committees were present.

The McKinlock Library Committee, consisting of men from the first year dormitories, is made up of the following. H. N. Chesebrough, A. C. Daniels, W. J. Emigh, F. F. Hart, M. W. Mansur, and W. D. Vogel, chairman. The recommendations of this committee will play a large part in the future administration and additional developments of the library.

The committee will also advise the authorities as to the acquisiton of new books for the English Room, the proper divison of history books between the Lower Reading Room of Widener and the McKinlock Library, and the care of the books.

The English Room will be open from 1 till 10 o'clock daily during the Christmas holidays. After the vacation it will be open daily from 10 o'clock in the morning till 10 o'clock at night, except on Sundays, when it will be open between 1 and 10 o'clock. This room, to which Mrs. Florence Milner, supervisor of the Farnsworth Room, will devote half of her time, contains at present 1,000 volumes, 90 per cent of which are literature. With shelf capacity for almost 2,500 books, considerable additions will be made according to the use and demand. For the present, no books may be taken from the room, but a change in this ruling may be brought about in the future.

The History Room will be opened on January 3.

Approximately 2,000 volumes, covering the required reading, text ane reference books will be moved in during the recess.

The hours of use will be from 8.40 till 10 o'clock daily, and from 1 till 10 o'clock on Sundays. The same general rules which govern the lower Reading Room will be in effect in the History Room.

It was announced last night that the demand and use of the library will effect a later change. In the hours of use particularly during the examination periods.