Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

16 MEN SURVIVE SECOND CUT IN 1930--BASKETBALL SQUAD

Abundance of Schoolboy Stars Makes Prospect for Season Bright

Sixteen men on the Freshman basketball squad survived the second cut which was made yesterday.

Prospects for a successful season are unusually bright this year, since among the candidates who are practising daily in the Freshman Athletic Building under the supervision of Coach A. W. Samborski '25 are several former preparatory school stars.

Some of the most promising candidates are Worth, who was chosen All-New Jersey forward last year; Wenner, also a forward; Winslow of Rovets, and, Waterman of Brooklyn Poly, Prep., both centers, F. Lewis, G. Lewis, and LaRue are showing the greatest promise of all the candidates for the guard positions.

The team will not play its first game until after the Christmas vacation; the partial encounter being with M. I. T. Freshmen on January 8. Three more times are scheduled before mid-years; Cushing Academy will play in Cambridge January 12, and the Freshmen team will meet Choate School at Wallingford, Conn., January 15, and Milton Academy of Milton on January 21. After midyears five games at home, and three way are on the schedule.

The men who remain on the squad follows: Bigelow, Campbell, Glenn, Harper, Hoey, Johnson, LaRue, F. Lewis G. Lewis, Mitchell, Rhodes, Ward, Waterman, Wenner, Winslow, and Worth.

Coach Wachter will announce the startling line-up for the initial University encounter within the next few day.