CAST FOR MIRACLE PLAY ANNOUNCED

Play Called "The Wise Man," Taken From Fourteenth Century Piece--English Version by D. F. Robinson '27

The Harvard Dramatic Club will present its annual Miracle Play this year on December 16 and 17. A cast of 17 characters was announced last night, in which; because of the peculiar nature of the production, no part can be singled out as of greater importance than the others.

The play, "The Wise Man" is an adaptation from the twelfth century Spanish drama, "Anto de los Reges Magos." The play has been translated and adapted from the Spanish by D. F. Robinson '26.

The cast has been definitely selected with the exception of one or two minor roles. The cast of characters, as announced last night, follows. Caspar,  Murray Pease 1G. Melchior,  D. W. Moreland '28 Balthayar,  R. H. James '30 Herod,  D. T. Dickson '27 Herod's Son,  A. T. Black '30 Herod's Messenger,  Henry Fox '27 High Priest,  G. K. Bishop '27 Second Priest,  Charles Leatherbee '29 Joseph,  R. D. Back Occ. Mary,  Helen Lewis Gabriel,  Rhodita Edwards First Old Wife,  Helen Field Second Old Wife  Constance Templeton Choristers,  J. W. Knidder 2G., Edward Ranouf, Richard MacMullen, James MacMullen.

The play is being produced under the direction of C. A. Hicks, Occ.

Many elaborate and costly costumes have been selected, Miss Rose Briggs being in charge of arranging and preparing the costumes.

The duty of making up the members of the cast has been assigned to E. P. Goodnow '20.

Properties are under the supervision of Lincoln Robinson '30, while George Lowenstein '28 is in charge of the complicated lighting effects.