PUDDING TO TAKE "1776" WESTWARD

Trip to Mid-Western Cities Planned After Production Here--Written by Leighton and White

A trip West, including stops at Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburg is being planned by the Hasty Pudding Club for its annual musical show which will be staged this year in the last two weeks of April.

Although the piece selected for production, "1776," will be as usual, a musical comedy, it will differ greatly from the typical Broadway musical shows upon which Hasty Pudding productions of recent years have been modelled. George Leighton '26 and W. L. White '24, have combined in writing the book for the show. As the name indicates, the story of the production will deal with early Revolutionary days. The plot and scenery will be colonial, centering about Cambridge in the early days of the Revolution.

Active preparations for this spring's production are now under way at the Hasty Pudding Club house. Already preliminary tryouts have been held and actual rehearsals will begin within the fortnight.

"1776" will be staged as usual in Cambridge, Boston, and New York in addition to the productions in the West. Harvard Clubs in Detroit and the other Western cities are cooperating with the Club in its plan for an extended trip during the spring vacation. In each of the cities to be visited University graduates will take charge of advance arrangements while the local Harvard Clubs will act as hosts to the cast of "1776" during its one night stand in each city.

Scott Wilson '27, whose lady like performance before the footlights last year was so warmly received will take the role of the leading lady. A number of toe-dancing specialties will make Mr. Wilson's impersonation true to standard's set by the stars of modern musical comedies.