LIBRARY HAS BOOKLET WITH LIST OF 280 SCHOLARSHIPS

Awards of All Kinds--25 Grants for Harvard Students

A copy of the booklet published by the Institute of International Education, containing the list of 280 fellowships and scholarships which enable Americans to study in foreign countries, was received by the College Library and because of the limited edition will be the only one available in the University. This is a second edition of the pamphlet first published in 1923 by the institute under the direction of Dr. Stephen P. Duggan.

Contained in the booklet are the names and donors of the fellowships and scholarships open to American students for study abroad, the lists of subjects for study or research, the requirements of award and tenure, the amounts and duration of the grants, and where application for them should be made.

Of the 280 grants, 25 are designated specifically for students of the University.

Of the total number 68 are unrestricted as to the place and subject for study, 122 have no provisions as to the place of study but designate definite subjects, and 90 are restricted both as to place and subject. In the last group, in addition to Europe at large, 16 countries are especially designated as fields for carrying on study and research.