Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

SQUAD OF OVER 50 MEN GREETS LYDECKER AS LACROSSE OPENS

Former Syracuse Star Is Coaching Crimson for Second Year

More than 50 men turned out yesterday afternoon at the formal opening of the lacrosse season, and the size of the experienced squad forecasts a banner season in this sport.

Coach Irving Lydecker, formerly of Syracuse, will have charge of the team for his second years. He intends training his men according to the Syracuse system which he has found especially successful.

The Freshman turn-out was very small, and Coach Lydecker requests more men to report regardless of previous experience. The game with the Yale Freshmen is the only one that has, as yet, been scheduled.

Coach Lydecker expressed himself as pleased with the University turnout. He expects a good season, but on account of the weather conditions the team will get started two weeks later than most of its opponents. The team met with fairly good results last years, losing but two of the eight games. Syracuse and Yale were the only two teams to face the Crimson without being defeated.

The team will be boistered by a good many veterans together with quite a few members of last year's Freshman team. Lacrosse letter-men who will again appear in uniform this year are: Captain A. E. Reed '26, J. H. Watson '26, C. W. Gillies '26, C. O. Simpson '27, J. L. Brown '26, Arthur Rubin '26, W. F. Staff '26, R. F. Murphy '27, J. F. Skilling '26, J. L. Brown, Jr. '26, J. J. Sullivan '26, R. L. Kelsey '26, M. L. Lawrence '26, M. W. Linn '27, A. R. Salter '26, and H. R. Warren '27, Madison Sayles '27 and E. F. Gamache '27, football men, are also promising material for the team.