Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

PUGILISTS START BATTLING FOR TITLES THIS AFTERNOON

University Fistic Championships Will Be Settled Today

Harvard's pugilists will be given the opportunity to display their ability this afternoon in the Hemenway Gymnasium when the preliminaries of the University boxing tournament get under way. The entrants will weigh in and be examined at 3.30 o'clock, and the bouts will begin at 4 o'clock.

"I have never seen a more evenly matched set of contestants in any tourney," Coach Shevlin enthusiastically stated yesterday. "There will be a great opportunity for new champions, as there are but one or two real outstanding boxers. I expect some fast bouts, especially in the heavyweight and 147-pound classes. There are more heavyweight entries than ever before, and the tournament should arouse as much interest in University circles as the intercollegiate sports."

The finals of the tournament will be held Friday evening at 8 o'clock in the Hemenway Gymnasium. There will be eight bouts on the card, one in each class.

A number of the entrants have had previous amateur experience, and this in itself promises some clever boxing.

Four of last year's champions will defend their crowns. Present title holders who have entered the tourney are F. R. Sullivan '27 in the 118-pound class, J. I. Shaw '28 in the 125-pound class, G. M. Ferguson '26, in the 147-pound class, and R. E. Johnson '27 in the 160-pound class.