Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

ROAD'S SCHOLARS

American education reached new heights the other day when the Hobo College of Chicago conferred degrees upon 150 sons of the road. Amid impressive ceremonies featured by a baccalaureate address and a class song rendered in the quaint idiom of the freight car, the graduates filed solemnly up to the rostrum to receive mimeographed diplomas solemnly admitting them to the fellowship of educated men.

Although a vocational school for hoboes would seem to be ideal, this new institution shuns such practicality to follow the tendencies of liberal education. Pubic speaking, visits to art galleries, musicales, all these and other cultural effects find place in the curriculum. In sum they represent an enrichment of each vagrant's life. After a winter spent in Chicago and enlivened by intellectual restlessness, the happy tramp heeds the call of the broad highway, his acquaintance with the humanities having given him that detached, impassive view of life, so idispensable to well-poised members of his profession.