H-Y TENNIS INVASION OF GREAT BRITAIN THREATENED

Harvard and Yale will probably not make their accustomed tennis invasion of England this summer, it was learned from the Harvard athletic authorities yesterday. For several years the combined teams of Harvard and Yale have met those of Oxford and Cambridge, alternating between this country and England each year. The change in policy for this summer was assigned to two causes, Yale's desire to hold the matches every other year, and the financial difficulties of the two English teams.

In case this change definitely goes into effect it is feared that, with the matches being held only once every four years in each country, interest in them will greatly lag. Harvard has in her strong material this year an added reason for wishing to continue the old system. K. S. Pfaffman '24 is coming to Cambridge this week to confer with W. J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, and J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, captain of the tennis team, on the possibilities of arranging the trip, especially of persuading Yale to continue the old policy.