Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

JAPANESE BANKER DIES WHO GAVE GREAT WORK TO FOGG

A recent dispatch from Tokyo brings the news of the death of Baron Sumitoino, one of the most influential of Japanese bankers. Last year Baron Sumitomo, who was much interested in the development of Oriental studies at Harvard, and particularly in the Oriental Department to be opened in the new Fogg Museum, sent the University one of the few remaining copies of his invaluable catalogue of ancient Chinese bronzes.

No group of Chinese bronzes in the world is so complete or so intrinsically valuable, and the scores of bronzes shown at the Imperial Palace in the Forbidden City at Peking are less important than those in the Sumitomo collection, which has been growing until it has now become internationally famous. In the great fire at Tokyo, all the extra copies of the catalogue were destroyed, together with the blocks from which the illustrations were made and hence the book, scarce before, became unprocurable to outsiders.