Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

The Dean of His Profession

THE PRESS

We have always had professors enough teaching history as a dead record: but men like Albert Bushnell Hart, who relate it to the events of today and tomorrow, are too rare. Prof Hart's position as a dean of his profession has been recognized ever since he completed his editorship of the greatest co-operative history of the United States yet written, the American Nation Series. His own list of historical works is creditable. But it is the arena where history is in the making that has most attracted him. It it noteworthy that most of his titles deal with contemporary problems and forces.

Those who didn't like progressivism, or Prohibition enforcement, or the League, or a peaceful attitude toward Japan, sometimes said Prof. Hart was a bore. But he had a real and useful influence. His resignation after forty-three years at Harvard will leave him all the freer for outside labors. The World