RADCLIFFE-HARVARD CHORUS IS UNEXCELLED KOUSSEVITSKY REPORTS

Symphony Conductor Never Descends From Superlatives in Praising the Requiem Rendition

In an interview granted to the CRIMSON yesterday M. Koussevitsky, the conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, declared most strongly that the chorus made up of members of the Radcliffe Choral Society and the Harvard Glee Club, which gave a performance of Brahms' Requiem two days ago, is the best organization of its kind in the world.

The interview came as the result of an appointment made with Mr. Koussevitsky to meet him at Symphony Hall. When the CRIMSON reporter arrived, M. Koussevitsky had but shortly finished conducting a rehearsal of the Orchestra, and was still discussing certain points with a number of the members of the Symphony. When he had finally finished this work he invited the reporter into his room and welcomed him with the greatest kindness. Motioning him to sit down, the famous Russian conductor asked his interviewer to feel free to question him.

"The chorus," said M. Koussevitsky in reply to the reporter's obvious query, "which sang last night in the Requiem, is the most perfect choral organization of which I have any knowledge. When I conduct it, I feel as free and as much at my ease as when I am leading a large, excellently trained orchestra.

"I have never heard a chorus which was under the same perfect artistic discipline, into which the men who have trained these organizations have instilled into these choruses. "This, of course, is a great factor in the artistic performance of such a large body of singers."