SERVICE OFFERED

The Law School has opened its drive with a definite appeal and a concise purpose. It asks four million dollars to improve its buildings and increase its teaching personnel. It asks an additional million for the establishment of five research professorships in American law.

Those on the ground cannot doubt that the Law School is maintaining its prestige under difficulties. According to the contemplated improvements, Langdell Hall would be enlarged, an administration building constructed and new professorships established. However, no increase in the student body would ensue. The definite avowal of this emphasizes both the present lack of facilities and a determination not to sacrifice thoroughness to apparent progress.

The research professorships intended promote a different but valuable service, oven now attempted by the Law School. They are similar in conception to the imminent analysis of Boston judicial system by the Law School Faculty. They aim at a delineation of American jurisprudence, opportune in a decade of strain on judicial forms.

The reward reaped by a donor is the attainment of purposes for which he gave. It is this which lends the Law School drive particular promise. The School offers to train better lawyers where it has been training excellent ones and to shoulder, besides, a work of civic importance.