LYDECKER'S LACROSSE MEN FACE BOSTON CLUB

OXFORD-CAMBRDGE IS INVADING FORCE IN SECOND TILT

The University lacrosse team will play its initial game of the season when it meets the team of the Boston Lacrosse Club this afternoon. The game, which is scheduled for 3 o'clock, will take place in the Stadium, provided that the condition of the field permits.

The team which the Boston team will bring to Soldiers Field will be largely made up of graduates of the University, John Hopkins University, and Swathmore College. Due to this fact, the game this afternoon will be one which will put the University team to a severe test in its first encounter of the season.

Adverse Weather Hinders Practice

The University team has this year been very much handicapped by adverse weather conditions: In fact, the team this season is by no means so far advanced as was last year's outfit at the same time. On the other hand the material this spring is likely to prove better than last year's.

This afternoon's game will not only be important in that it will serve as a test game for the team as a whole, but in addition, performance in it will be a decisive factor in choosing the men who will play in the Oxford-Cambridge tussle next Thursday, as well as in forming a basis for the choice of the men who will be taken on the trip that starts on April 15.

Although the line-up for the game was not yet definitely decided upon last night, the defense will be practically the same as that of a year ago. E. F. Camache '27 will probably be the only non-veteran to oppose the Boston net wielders in Crimson territory.

Net Wielders Tackle O-C Thursday

On Thursday, the lacrosse team will play its second game also in the stadium, this time against the Oxford-Cambridge team. To date the English invaders have been defeated by the University of Maryland by a score of 11-4, and by Swathmore College, 11-8, while they have succeeded in downing the University of Pennsylvania, 10-2. Due to the lack of practice by which the university team is still handicapped and to the fact that the Harvard--Oxford-Cambridge clash will be the Englishmen's seventh game, Coach Lydecker looks forward to a hard contest.

Last year the lacrosse team was under the direction of Coach Lydecker for the first time The results of the new regime were very satisfactory sine the team lost only to the exceptionally strong Yale and Syracuse teams.

Admission to this game, which will be held at 4 o'clock, will be 50 cents. Holders of H. A. A. tickets will also be admitted.