LACROSSE TWELVE DEFEATS ENGLISH

Gillies Stars for Crimson by Breaking Through for the First Two Goals Unassisted--North Shares Honors

While a wintry wind whistled through the arches of the Stadium yesterday afternoon, a crowd of about a thousand spectators saw the University lacrosse team defeat the British invaders by a 6 to 0 score. Gaining three goals in each of the 30-minute halves, Coach Lylecker's red-shirted stick men swept up and down the field and administered to the Oxford-Cambridge team its sixth defeat of the season.

Shortly after the opening whistle, Gillies, veteran University player made two goals in short succession, taking the ball down the field unassisted. On his second trip through the English team, he encountered such vigorous opposition from Ogilvie, that the Crimson player's helmet was knocked off by the Englishman's stick.

For a time the game moved back and forth between the goals. Finally Lane of last year's Freshman team, picked the ball out of a scuffle in front of the British team's goal and succeeded in slipping it into the net.

Dreier Starts Second Half-Scoring

In the second half of the game, after the ball had been in play for about three minutes, Dreier who substituted for Lane rushed the ball down the field for a score.

When the ball had again been in play for a few minutes Melland, the English captain made about the strongest bid for a score, when his try for a goal was stopped by the University goal-guard. A few moments later, the play shifted to the opposite end of the field and North in the place of Coombs made the Harvard goal on a pass from Wallace who substituted for Sayler. The final goal was also made by North on a pretty play from Reed to Gamache to North.

The teams when the starting whistle blew were lined up as follows: HARVARD  OXFORD-CAMBRIDGE Clifford g.  g. Borden Watson pt.  pt. Ogilvie Gamache c.pt.  c.pt. Greenwood Linn f.d.  f.d. Brown Reed s.d.  s.d. Sholl Coombs t.d.  t.d. Harker Hatch c.  c. Good Sayles t.a.  ta. Fullbright Babson s.a.  s.a. Marshall Simpson f.a.  f.a. Adshed Lane o.h.  o.h. Melland Gillies i.h.  i.h. Fornby

Referee, C. E. Marsters.

Judge of play, Dr. Paul Gustafsen.

Referee, C. E. Marsters.

Judge of play, Dr. Paul Gustafsen.