CUSHING GAME ACID TEST FOR CRIMSON FRESHMEN

CAPTAIN PRIOR TO LEAD NINE FROM BEHIND THE PLATE

After a week spent in intensive practice here in Cambridge the Freshman baseball team will oppose the nine representing Cushing Academy on the Freshman diamond at 4 o'clock this afternoon.

Either Ketchum or Malloy will toe the rubber against the schoolboys, Coach Davidson announced last night. Both these men worked against the University team recently and succeeded in downing the pick-up nine that Coach Mitchell sent against the Freshmen. The final score of the melee was 3 to 2, the University pitchers, Booth and Cutts, slightly out-pitching the 1929 mounds-men. Prior, the newly elected leader, it was who took it personally upon himself to humble the University representatives, and while his mates held the regulars to two tallies, Prior, with a double and a home run, chased three markers across the platter for Coach Davidson's outfit.

The Freshmen still have to lose their first game of the season, and if the nine from Cushing is up to its usual standard, the Crimson slate may become besmirched for the first time this afternoon. Last fall, the academy schoolboys were undefeated in football until they invaded Soldiers Field with high hopes of victory. The Freshman eleven took them into camp, however, 35 to 0, and the invading nine this afternoon will be out for revenge.

No changes are expected in the 1929 line-up. Miyokawa will again patrol the short field and head the batting order; Crotty, Durkee and Tudor will be in charge of the outer pastures; Todd, Elkirs and Donaghy will stand guard over the three infield way stations; and Captain Prior will don the mask.