Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

THE STUDENT VAGABOND

The Vagabond has often been denounced as a mere aesthetic dilettante, an intellectual butterfly flitting from lecture hall to lecture hall, and sipping nectar from the more exotic flowers of the curriculum. This morning I intend to free myself forever from this imputation, for the early hour of 9 o'clock will see me hurrying to Emerson J, there to hear Dr. Prescott lecture in Education B on Mental Conflicts.

Mental conflicts are generally supposed to be things with which the true vagabond should have nothing to do, yet the temptation to hear Dr. Prescott lecture on them was so great that I have allowed myself to be lured from my morning cup of coffee at an earlier hour than usual.

I have always had a sort of half guilty interest in Byron's As a callow school boy I would recite "The mountains look on Marathon, and Marathon looks on the sea," and see the handsome, bare-headed figure of the poet, wrapped in a long dark cloak, and gazing out over the wide ocean. Today, at 10 o'clock in Sever 11, Professor Lowes will lecture on Byron in English 28, and even though it means attending two courses in succession, I shall be there.