Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

SET WEDNESDAY FOR FINALS IN ORATORY COMPETITIONS

The nine speakers who will enter the finals of the Lee Wade and Boylston Prize contest next Wednesday have been chosen by Professor C. T. Copeland and Mr. F. G. White of the English department. Their names are as follows:

J. R. Creel '27; H. S. Dyer '27; Charles Evans '27; R. B. Field '26; T. F. Kelly '27; H. L. Kozol '27; H. M. Newburger '27; K. A. Perry '28; and Barrett Williams '28.

The Lee Wade Prize of $50 is given by Dr. Francis Henry Wade in memory of his son, Lee Wade the second, of the Class of 1914, who while at College, was especially interested in public speaking and took part in the contest for the Boylston Prizes. It is the first prize of the evening.

The Boylston Prizes were founded in 1817 by Ward Nicholas Boylston in honor of his uncle Nicholas Boylston, who established the Boylston Professorship of Rhetoric and Oratory. These prizes have been awarded continuously for 105 years and are one of the oldest institutions in the University. This year there will be three Boylston Prizes one of $50 and two of &35 each.