Cambridge the Hub of the Universe When Graduates Return as Guests of Students

Greenough, Worcester, Burbank to Address Meeting--Athletic Program for Visitors

Today for the first time in the history of the University undergraduates will extend an official welcome to the alumni who are returning for Graduates' Day.

Extensive plans for the entertainment of the University's guests have been made by the Graduates' Day Committee of the Student Council in conjunction with the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs.

To Be Feted at Harvard Club

The 200 graduates who have accepted the committee's invitations will be feted at the Union and the Harvard Club and will be conducted through the most interesting parts of the University. A varied athletic program is scheduled for the afternoon.

The first event of the day will be a meeting in the Faculty Room of University Hall, at which members of the Faculty and certain prominent undergraduates will deliver brief addresses. Dean C. N. Greenough '98 will open the meeting as the first representative of the Faculty. Dr. Alfred Worcester '78 and Professor H. H. Burbank G. '15 will be the other speakers from the Faculty.

J. W. Hallowell '61 will reply to the address of welcome for the Alumni, and then the undergraduates will be represented by W. I. Nichols '26, formerly President of the CRIMSON, W. L. Tibbetts '26, captain of the track team, and C. D. Coady '27, captain elect of next fall's gridiron men.

Special Exhibit at Widener

At the Widener Library W. C. Lane, Librarian, has made careful preparations for a special exhibition of the recent gifts to the University. Several members of the Library staff will be in readiness to give any information they can concerning the exhibits.

A collection of the engravings of Albrecht Durer will be on exhibition at the Fogg Art Museum. This collection is the second in size and quality of any in this country. The exhibit has been hung especially for the benefit of the returning graduates. Work of students in oils and etchings which has been done this year as well as the most recent acquisitions of the Museum will be on view.

Robinson and Germanic Museum Open

The Germanic Museum and Robinson Hall will also be open for inspection, with guides prepared to point out the objects.

All those who are taking part in Graduates' Day are invited to visit the CRIMSON and Lampoon buildings and the Advocate offices. Editors will be on hand in all of these places to conduct the guests through their plants.

Guides Posted in Buildings

All of the buildings in the University will be open. Guides will be posted in the following, which are considered of especial interest to returning alumni: the new Senior Dormitories, Lehman Hall, the Freshman Dormitories, the new Business School Buildings, the new Fogg Art Museum, Straus Hall, and Massachusetts Hall. It is suggested that the Alumni visit the Business School in the afternoon, when they will be on the other side of the river for the game.

At 1 o'clock, the guests of the University have been invited to a luncheon to be held in the main dining hall of the Harvard Union. Until yesterday, it was expected that Governor Franklin S. Billings '85, of Vermont would preside at this affair. Last night, however, a telegram from the Governor was received by the Graduates' Day Committee, saying that he would be unable to attend. F. J. Sulloway '05, Vice-President of the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs, will act as toastmaster in his stead.

It is expected that about 200 graduates will attend this luncheon, and, in addition, some 50 prominent undergraduates have been invited. Beside the toastmaster, three other men will act as speakers at the dinner. These are President Lowell, Professor A. N. Whitehead, who has recently come to this country from the University of London, and M. A. Cheek '26, President of the Student Council and First Marshal of the close of 1926.

Including the speakers, 15 men, graduates and undergraduates, will find places at the head table. These are, in addition to the four speakers: E. A. Taft '04, Secretary of the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs; Professor C. H. Moore '89, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences; W. L. W. Field, S. '98, Headmaster of Milton Academy and former president of the New England Federation; Professor H. J. Hughes '94, Dean of the Engineering School; N. P. Hallowell '98 and B. L. Young '07, Overseers of the College; Leverett Saltonstall '14, Treasurer of the Alumni Association; J. W. Hallowell '01, Treasurer of the Class of 1901, and Chairman of the Associated Harvard Clubs Committee on Athletics, and three undergraduates, W. I. Nichols '26, former President of the CRIMSON, and Rhodes Scholar for next year; F. V. Field '27, President of the CRIMSON and chairman of the Luncheon Committee; and H. S. Woodbridge '27, Undergraduate Chairman for Graduates' Day.

After the luncheon the guests are invited by the H. A. A. to attend a number of athletic events to be held on Soldiers Field. There will be two baseball games, one the University against Amherst, and the other 1929 against Worcester Academy. There will also be a lacrosse game against Brown. Spring football practice may be watched by the graduates from 2.45 o'clock until 3 o'clock.

There will also be a track meet with M. I. T. on the Technology Field.

Buffer supper will be served at the Harvard Club of Boston at 6.30 o'clock. At 7.30 Professor C. T. Copeland will read in the Library of the club.

Half an hour later there will be an informal entertainment at the Harvard Club for the guests. The program, under the direction of B.S. Cogan '23, Master of Ceremonies will consist of music, specialty dances, and motion pictures. The complete program will be as follows:

1. Organ Introduction. Paul Frank

2. Dance, C. S. Gross '27, and W. W. Wilson '27, stars of recent Hasty Pudding Show.

3. Piano Selections, C. E. Henderson '28, of the Hasty Pudding Show.

4. Dance, George Higginson '27, Hero of Hasty Pudding Show.

5. Songs. R. P. Bullard '27. B. S. Cogan '23, with M. H. Harris '24 at the piano