OVERSEERS GIVE UNDERGRADUATES BID TO MEETINGS

Students Prominent in College Affairs Will Meet College Board on May 10--Nine Men to Attend Dinner

As indication of the fact that relations between the administration and the undergraduate body are becoming closer, comes the announcement that the Faculty and the Board of Overseers have both issued simultaneous invitations to the undergraduates to take part in the two day meeting of the Overseers to be held on Monday May 10, and the following day.

The suggestion was made by President Lowell, from the standpoint of the Faculty, that a group of undergraduates, which should be made up of students representative of the various fields of activity in the University, be chosen to meet with the Overseers during the Monday morning session.

At the same time came the proposal from Henry James '99, Chairman of the Overseers' Committee for Visiting Harvard College, that a group similar to the one advocated by President Lowell, be picked to meet the Board for dinner at the Harvard Club of Boston on the night preceding the regular sessions, to discuss with the members, matters connected with the College. Both suggestions have been taken and two undergraduate groups have been selected to meet with the Overseers.

The first group, made up of nine men chosen particularly as being representative of the majority of the more important activities in the undergraduate life of the University, will meet the Overseers for dinner on the evening of May 9. They are, E. C. Aswell '26, Chairman of the Student Council Committee on Education which recently published its report on conditions in the College; J. R. Burke '27, football manager and member of next year's Student Council; J. L. Carroll '26, Secretary of the 1925-26 Student Council; M. A. Cheek '26, captain of the 1925 football team and President of this year's Student Council; C. D. Coady '27, captain of 1926 football team and next year's Student Council; Walter Edmonds '26, President of the Advocate; George Higginson '27, of the Hasty Pudding Show; J. J. Maher '26, former President of his class, and Vice-President of the Union, and W. I. Nichols '26, former President of the CRIMSON, and Chairman of the Committee on Freshman affairs.

The other group will be of ten men, including a number of those who meet the Overseers Sunday night. In addition to Aswell, Burke, Cheek, and Nichols, the men in this group will be John Hubbard '26, a member of last year's crew, D. J. Hitch '27, President of the Glee Club; J. C. McGlone '26, of the Budget Committee; S. deJ. Osborne '26, track manager; W. L. Tibbetts '26, Captain of the track team, and F. V. Field '27, President of the CRIMSON and member of next year's Student Council.

At both of the meetings with the Board, the undergraduates will speak to the Overseers on how, from their point of view, the College is conducted and how it can be improved. In the past, at the meetings of the Overseers, it has been the custom for the Faculty and the Administration alone to talk to the Board on the work of the College.

With this system, the Overseers have not come into close contact with the undergraduates and have been unable to learn the view of the students of the College. This year, however, they will be enabled to see the College more narly from the student's point of view.

After meeting with the undergraduates the Overseers will have a session with the Faculty, at which they will examine the Administration on the basis of the criticisms and suggestions brought up by the students.