DALEY TO HEAD NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Lundell, Pool, and Williams to Serve on Executive Committee With Officers--Appoint Six to Advisory Committee

Leo Frances Daley '27, of Andover, was elected President of the Student Council for the coming year last night at the first meeting of the new Council. The other officers are John Randolph Burke '27, of Milton, Vice-President, Henry Sewall Woodbridge '27, of Brookline, Secretary, Frederick Vanderbilt Field '27, of Lenox, Treasurer.

At the same time three other members of the council were chosen to serve with the officers on the executive committee. They are Carl Gustave Ture Lundell '27, of Dorchester, James Lawrence Pool '28, of New York City, and Barrett Williams '28, of Boston.

In addition to the elections, the Council took up the matter of the Student Advisory Committee and made the following appointments: T. H. Eliot '28, J. D. Hitch '27, J. L. Poole '28, Chandler Robbins 2d '28, J. O. Ross '29, and L. Y. Ward '27. These men will serve under W. E. Soule '27 who was appointed Chairman of the Committee at a former meeting.

L. F. Daley, the newly elected leader of the Student Council has been one of the strongest men in the Crimson line for the last two years, and was Captain of his Freshman eleven. He was also President of the Freshman Class.

J. R. Burke, the new Vice President, is manager of next year's football team, and with Daley has been chosen to fill the positions of Junior ushers on Class Day.

H. S. Woodbridge, next year's Secretary, headed the Student Friendship drive, and was undergraduate Chairman of the Graduates' Day Committee. He is also manager of the University soccer team.

F. V. Field, who was elected Treasurer, is President of the Crimson, a member of the executive committee of the American Student Federation, and Vice-President of the Phillips Brooks House Association.