University Netmen Crush Instit ute of Technology 8-1 Continuing String of Victories--Captain Whitbeck Out

Second Tennis Team Triumphs Over Andover by 8-1 Score--Jansen Moves Up to Firsts

Continuing their string of overwhelming victories the University netmen minus the services of Captain Whitbeck crushed the M. I. T. team by an 8 to 1 score.

The only match that the Crimson players dropped was the third doubles contest in which a second team pair competed due to the absence of Captain Whitbeck, who is out of town. Jansen, who was slated to play number 1 no the second team was moved up to the University singles and won this match with ease. The consistently high grade playing of the team this spring gives promise of the most successful record in recent years. The Crimson netmen have faced no real tests so far, however which could indicate how they will come out against opposition as strong as that Yale promises to furnish. At this stage of the season the two rivals stand undefeated, and as far as comparative records go are very much on a par with each other.

The summary of yesterday's meet is: Perkins (H) defeated Hinck (M I T), 6-3, 6-3; Gordon (H) defeated Peck (M I T), 10-8 6-2; Lenhart (H) defeated Peterson (M I T), 6-3, 7-5; Pratt (H) defeated Eddy (M I T), 4-6, 6-1, 7-5; Jansen (H) defeated Benson (M I T), 6-0, 6-4; Lenhart and Smith (H) defeated Hinck and Peck (M I T), 6-1, 7-5; Perkins and Pratt (H) defeated Peterson and Eddy (M I T) |; Kuki and Benson (M I T) defeated Allen and Jansen (H) 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.

While the University was taking Tech's measure, the second team triumphed over Andover by the same 8 to 1 score. The schoolboys, in spite of a strong team this year proved no match for their Crimson rivals.