Many a Little

THE PRESS

A contributor to the Harvard Fund . . . says. "I hesitated some time to send anything so small as $5, considering the proportions of the project." Many graduates may be hesitating to subscribe to the fund for a similar reason. If they are, it is because they have in some way misunderstood the principles on which the Fund was founded. "The proportions of the project" are such that every man is asked to give only whatever it is convenient for him to give. The important thing, irrespective of the six of his check, is that he should become a contributor.

Letters to the Harvard Fund Council, which have, in many cases, accompanied contributions, indicate a gratifying approval of the plan of the fund. A case in which distance has lent, perhaps something besides enchantment, is that of a distinguished Siamese contributor, whose letter is also quoted on another page. If the Fund's appeal can effectively reach a man so far removed from the life and flavor of Cambridge, it will not be lost on those who are geographically closer.

The first administrative year of the Harvard Fund Council will end on June 30, 1926. What the Fund wants before then is a large increase of contributors; of men who realize that $5 or $10 contributions now. if that is all they can easily afford, will bring the total just that much nearer to a satisfactory figure. Harvard Alumni Bulletin.   May 6, 1926.