WARREN ANNOUNCES RULES FOR COMMENCEMENT DAY

SEVER QUADRANGLE EXERCISES TO BEGIN AT 9.45 O'CLOCK

The rules governing admission to the Commencement Day exercises, to be held this year on June 24, were made public yesterday by Professor John Warren '96, University Marshal. On this day, the Yard will be closed to the general public, and only members of the Governing Board of the University, Officers of Instruction and Administration, students, and alumni will be admitted. The Johnston, Meyer, McKim, and Dudley gates will be the only ones through which access to the Yard may be had.

Admission to Sever Quadrangle, where the Commencement exercises will begin at 9.45 o'clock, will be even further restricted. Tickets will be required of all who enter, and due to necessarily limited space, only certain groups will be eligible to get them.

Candidates for degree this spring, who desire tickets for their families, must send in their applications to the Deans of the various Schools in which they are enrolled The number of tickets which it will be possible for each candidate to obtain, will depend upon the number assigned to his particular school. These tickets must not be used by the candidates themselves, as they are to march in the Commencement procession.

No Tickets for Alumni

In addition to the families of the graduating students, and members of the Faculty, a limited number of students who are not graduating this year, may be able to obtain standing room at the exercises.

Alumni of the University do not require tickets for themselves, since they are entitled to join the President's procession. In this procession, the alumni will take their places in order of seniority. The older alumni will during the Commencement exercises, have places set apart for them upon the platform. The younger members of the alumni-will have seats reserved for them elsewhere. Due however, to the rather limited number of places, it may be necessary for some of the graduates to stand.

In case of rain Commencement Day, the degrees will be conferred in Sanders Theatre, and different tickets will be required, as "Quadrangle tickets" do not admit to the Theatre. Because of the small size of Sanders Theatre, the number of those who may attend the presentation of degrees will be very much reduced. Only alumni of at least 25 years' standing may join the procession, while younger graduates and non-graduating students will not be admitted. The Sanders Theatre tickets will be distributed to those eligible to receive them at the same time that the tickets of admission to Sever Quadrangle are sent out.