BULLDOG COMES NORTH TO GIVE ACID TEST TO NETMEN AND GOLFERS

INTERSCHOLASTICS OPEN TODAY WITH 73 ENTRANTS

One of the closest letter-matches of recent years is promised the University Tennis team when it meets Yale on Divinity Courts at 3 o'clock this afternoon. There is a strange parallel between the records of the Crimson and Blue teams. On Monday the golf teams of the two rivals, with records very similar to those of the tennis squads, end the minor sports season with their match on the links of the Rhode Island Country Club, at Providence.

During the season the only defeat of the University tennis team came at the hands of the Princeton netmen, by a score of 5 to 4. Yale ended its preliminary season with one defeat, administered by Princeton, 6 matches to 3. The University golf team weathered its early season with only one black mark on its record, when it lost to the Tigers, 7 to 2; the Eli linksmen had a similar fate, dropping no encounter except that with Princeton, and that to the tune of 6 to 3.

With such an even record behind each team, the netmen will attempt to attract crowds from the Intercollegiates on Soldiers Field by a display of the best tennis which has been offered spectators at Divinity Courts this season. Yale's number one man and captain. Charles Watson III, promises to give the University leader, J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, a stiff contest in the lead-off match. The rest of the University team will line up as follows: singles, G. H. Perkins '26, L. H. Gordon '27, P. M. Lenhart '27. L. O. Pratt '26, and W. T. Smith '26; doubles, Whitbeck and Gordon. Lenhart and Smith, Perkins and Pratt.

Seconds Also Meet Blue

In singles Yale will line up behind Watson as follows: Jackson, McGlinn, Symington, Reid, and White. The order of the doubles assignment is: Watson and McGlinn, Symington and Jackson, Reid and White. Accompanying the Eli first team, the Blue seconds will meet Harvard at the same hour on the Divinity Courts. T. O. Jansen '26, A. R. Allen '26, Stephen Thompson '27, T. O. Kingsbury '27, J. C. Reuter '28, and L. U. Shapiro '26 will represent the Crimson against the Yale seconds.

All day today, beginning at 9.30 o'clock, schoolboy net stars will struggle for titles in the Harvard Interscholastic tournament which is being decided on the Jarvis Field Courts. Seventy-three contestants are entered from ten preparatory schools. The finals of the tourney will be held on Monday.