The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

FRESHMAN NINE MEETS BROWN 1929 INVADERS

TODD MAY RETURN TO OLD FIRST BASE POST TODAY

In the fifth game of the season, the 1929 bat wielders will meet the speedy Brown first year men on the Freshman diamond at 4 o'clock this afternoon.

Up to the present, victory has rested consistently upon the banners of the Crimson Freshmen, their closest tilt coming last Wednesday when they took a 7 to 4 victory from Cushing. Last Saturday, they won from a strong Worcester Academy team by the score of 6 to 1, while in their other two games they have beaten Wentworth Institute 8 to 1, and trampled on the Huntington School nine to the tune of 12 to 5.

Brown Beat Holy Cross 1929

The Providence team has so far had a fairly good season, although it has not been able to defeat all its opponents. It beat the Moses Brown School men with the overwhelming score of 17 to 4, but a few days later lost to Dean Academy, 12 to 1. Last Saturday, playing better ball than at any other time during the season, to he Brown Freshmen rallied in the sixth inning with the score 2 to 1 against them, and pulled out a 5 to 2 win from the clutches of the Holy Cross players.

Among the Freshmen who may face Brown this afternoon is E. R. Todd, who, until he suffered an injury to his hand, had been playing regularly at first base. Today, if his injury permits, he may again hold down the initial sack.

In view of the announcement yesterday that Captain Prior is to appear again this afternoon in right field it seems likely that his shift to this position is to be permanent. Prior, who held down first base for Andover last year, has held down the backstop position this spring until the Worcester game on Saturday when he was sent to right field with Newell taking his place behind the bat.