Crimson Oarsmen and Tracksters Battle Princeton in Jersey Jungle

Distance Events Should Have Crimson Tinge -- Gates and Taylor Princeton Stars

Princeton, N. J., May 7; 1926--Coming up against their first real opposition of the season here tomorrow afternoon, the Crimson track men will have a chance to prove their much heralded power. Although Harvard is a slight favorite in tomorrow's meet, the defeats of the past two seasons have taught that a Tiger track and field aggregation is always a dangerous opponent to reckon with.

Princeton looks better in the weights, while Harvard seems to have a decided edge in the straight running events. The basis for comparison is very slight, however, since neither team has had much competition so far. The doubtful events are the hurdles, high jump and pole vault and it is likely that the final result of the meet will be decided in them.

Miller Best Sprinter

Pappas is the Tiger's best bet in the 100 but he seems slated to follow Miller to the tape if the latter continues to improve on the form he has shown' so far this year. If Coach Farrell decides to enter Miller in the 220 also the big Crimson sprinter ought to show his heels to the field again. If not Lundell and Rockwell will be out in front fighting for first honors.

Both Taylor and Gates of Princeton will push Kane to his best in the quarter, and the former has a very good chance to win. The array of Crimson distance stars are expecting to furnish each other the stiffest opposition they will get, if Luttman, who has been out this week, with a bad ankle, is right tomorrow and the track is dry he may push Captain Tibbetts to a new two mile record. Tibbetts has had his eye on this mark for over a year now and with the proper conditions this afternoon he will probably go out after it in earnest.

It is doubtful if Pratt, Berglund, and Bradford, Harvard's best bets in the weight events, can out score the efforts of Gibson, Gates, and Moeser, Princeton's corresponding trio. Harvard has improved in general strength in this branch, however, and does not expect to suffer the complete submergence in it which has spelled defeat in most of the big meets of the last two years.

Princeton also has a better outlook in the broad jump, with Scudder expected to better 23 feet and Firey and Dikeman close behind him. The high jump seems to be almost a toss up, representatives of both universities approaching six teen in their best efforts.