GREENOUGH GLAD STUDENTS WILL MEET WITH OVERSEERS

In a statement written to the CRIMSON last night, Dean Greenough expressed his personal approval of the plan whereby prominent undergraduates will meet with the Overseers next Monday. The statement follows:

"I am very glad that the Overseers are to have an opportunity to talk with undergraduates about the state of Harvard College. Having for several years had experience in conferring with undergraduate committees (especially with the Executive Committee of the Student Council), feel sure of the value to both of the consulting parties, and to the College, of such meetings as the one arranged for next Monday. I hope however, that no one will suppose that the undergraduates are running Harvard College, or that they want to, and I hope that we shall be careful not to overload Seniors with duties which may interfere too much with their work for their degrees. Fortunately, our best men seem to be able to take good degrees and also to give a considerable amount of time to writing reports like the recent one by Mr. Aswell's Committee, and to taking part in conferences like the one planned for next week. Therefore, the new development seems to me very valuable for the College, and if carefully watched, not too burden-some for the undergraduates whom we call upon for assistance."