UNIVERSITY RIDERS FACE MYOPIA POLO CLUB TODAY

CRIMSON FOUR UNWEAKENED BY LOSS OF WHITE

The University polo ponies will be shipped by truck this morning to the Myopia Club and their riders will follow at noon for the second of the three test matches which have been scheduled preparatory to the intercollegiate tournament at the Westchester-Biltmore Club starting June 19. Following their well earned victory over the veteran Dedham quartet last Tuesday in defense of the Copley-Plaza trophy, the University mallel men are expected to win their two matches with the Myopians and proceed to Rye with an excellent chance to retain their college title.

Two Goals Disallowed

After the game with Dedham the players were under the impression that they had triumphed by a 12 to 7 count. It was discovered later, however, that the referee had not allowed two of the goals scored by the Crimson because of technical fouls. One of the scores was not marked up when a Harvard rider lost his helmet in a scrimmage for the ball and the referee blew his whistle just before another Crimson player had found the enemy goal with a well placed shot.

The shift in the line-up for the Dedham game, caused by the absence of Holden White '28, the fourth member of last year's championship team has apparently weakened the squad only slightly. R. B. Burnett '28, playing his first game for the University was used at number one, while F. D. Stranahan '26, who usually plays this position, was shifted to back and Captain R. D. Pinkerton '27 was placed at number three. The expected return of White to the line-up for the second game of the intercollegiate tournament will probably increase the scoring power of the Crimson four, although Burnett showed plenty of ability to hold down the number one berth in last Tuesday's win.

The Myopia squad which will face the University poloists today and Saturday will be made up of Captain D. P. Rogers, Q. A. S. McKean, F. H. Prince Jr., and H. P. McKean. The teams will play matches of eight seven and one half minute chukkers.