ADVISERS WILL SUBMIT REPORTS TO COMMITTEE

REPORTS WILL DEAL WITH OUTLOOK OF ADVISERS

At a meeting of the Student Advisory Committee held yesterday, it was decided that next year the student advisers would hand in reports to the committee from time to time.

The work of the student advisers, who were appointed a month ago, will not actually begin until after classes have started next fall. There are 70 advisers, 50 men from the class of 1928 and 20 from the class of 1929. This is in itself a departure from the old system, where most of the advisers were Seniors. It was felt that Seniors did not have the time needed to advise Freshmen, due to the pressure of tutorial work.

Advisors Not to Aid Choice

When the class of 1930 arrives to register on September 23, their Student Advisers will be assigned to them, but adviser and advisee will not meet until after classes begin the following Wednesday, September 29. Thus the advisers will have no part in aiding the Freshmen to chose their courses.

During the interim between registration and classes, however, members of the Student Advisory Committee and some of the Student advisers will hold office hours in the common rooms of the Freshman dormitories daily from 12 to 2 o'clock.

First Report Due Early

Although the Student Advisers will not see their advisees until after classes have started, they will see them during the next two weeks and will submit a report on each individual adviser to the committee by October 15. These reports will deal with the needs of the advisees, their previous training, and their outlook for the future. In the past these reports have often been very valuable in the Dean's office. They were not regularly submitted, however. Next year every adviser will write them and submit them to the Committee, which will in turn submit them to the office when called for.