CRIMSON RIDERS OUT TO DEFEND TITLE TOMORROW

RECORD ATTENDANCE EXPECTED FOR OPENING MATCH

The University polo team will open the intercollegiate tournament at Rye when it meets Princeton at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon in its initial effort to defend the intercollegiate title garnered at last year's contest.

The polo squad left Cambridge last Wednesday night and is now housed in the Westebester Biltmore Country Club, close by the field of play. Practice was held yesterday on the team's own mounts, and the University horsemen will indulge in a short workout today.

Burnett To Play Against Tigers

The line-up of the title-holders will be the same as that which defeated Dedham and dropped two close decisions to the Myopia four last week. The only change in last year's personnel will be the inclusion of R. B. Burnett '28 at number one, in place of Holden White '28, who will be unable to compete in the first game, although if the team wins through to later encounters he will doubtless resume his old position.

Five Teams Entered

Other teams entered in the tournament are Yale, Princeton, Pennsylvania Military College, and West Point. The schedule has been so arranged that the University and Yale are on opposite ends of the five-team draw. The second game to be played tomorrow is the P. M. C. Army clash. On Wednesday, the P. M. C. Army winner meets Yale, while the two previous losers play a consolation match; and on Friday, the Yale march winner faces the Harvard Princeton winner for the intercollegiate title.

Keen interest will follow the progress of the University team this year, as an aftermath of its performance last season when E entered the tournament almost without advance notice and romped away with the championship by swamping the Army team in the finals.

Expect Record Attendance

The first outdoor event of the polo season, officials of the Intercollegiate Polo Association expect the largest crowd of spectators that has ever witnessed a college match. Many prominent sportsmen are to be present among whom will probably be Mayor James J. Walker, of New York City. His honor has been asked to throw out the ball for the first flit. The New York official is known to be an ardent polo fan, and will attend his engagements permit it.