BUSINESS MEN OFFER PRIZE FOR BEST PLAN

Price-Cutting Is Problem to Be Set for Nation-Wide Contest--Professor Copeland on Jury of Award

Instructors and students of economics and marketing have been offered a prize for the solution of a vital business problem. One thousand dollars will be given for the best plan to solve the present price-cutting problem.

Arthur Capper, United States Senator from Kansas, will serve as the Chairman of the jury of award with six other indivuals one of whom, M. T. Copeland '07 is at present a professor in the graduate School of Business Administration of the University. Edward Plant, president of the Lehn and Fink Products Company of New York, has offered the prize.

The prize winning "price peace plan", according to the formal announcement of the competition, must cover a definite alley for the retailer, the jobber, the manufacturer, the chain store and the department store. It must include consideration of "free goods" and "hidden discount" problems. The workability and the legality of the plans, either under existing law or desirable modification, will be the chief criterions on which the judges will base their decision.

There is no limit to the length of the plans not is there any limit to the number of plans any one contestant may send but not more than one award will be made to the same person. The contest will close at noon on Monday, November 1926.

It additions to the chairman, the jury award includes Mrs. J. Borden Harrison, chairman of the National Consumer League: Dr. Melvin T. Copeland, of the Harvard School of Business Administration: Nelson B. Gaskill, former Federal Trade Commissioner: G. Bartlett, ex-President of the National Association of Wholesale Druggists; A. W. Shaw, publisher or "System;" Frank Stone, president of the National Association of Retail Druggists: and Herbert Tily, president of the National Re Dry Goods Association.

Details of the contest can be secured on the College Contest Editor, Lehn and Fink Products Company, 250 Park Avenue, New York City.