Monster Rally This Afternoon Will Cheer Crimson Oarsmen Off to Red Top Camp

Tibbetts and Cheek to Direct Demonstration--Second Crew Rally in History

Led by the University band, the Student body will march to Newell Boat-house at 5.15 o'clock this afternoon to show the crew squad that the undergraduates are confidently behind them.

The rally, the second rally in the University's history, comes on the eye of the oarsmen's departure for their training quarters at Red Top. M. A. Cheek '26, first marshal of the Senior Class and W. L. Tibbetts '26, second marshal and cheer leader will be on hand to direct the demonstration.

Band Instruments at Crimson

The parade to the boathouse will start at University Hall at 5.15 o'clock. The band will assemble at the Crimson Building 15 minutes earlier to get their instruments, which have been obtained from the Military Science Department and are now at the Crimson.

The only other rally in University rowing annals took place two years ago. Then the crew, after a disastrous season, was in a low frame of mind before leaving for Red Top. win.

Season's Record Encouraging

This season has been by no means as unsuccessful as that of 1924. Captain Winthrop's crew has led Princeton. M.I.T., and Cornell over the finish line, trailing Navy, Pennsylvania, and M.I.T. in an earlier race.

This afternoon's rally will provide most of the students with their first opportunity of greeting the newly-appointed head coach. H. H. Haines. Coach Haines, who has been coaching the Freshman crew, is in charge of the University eight for the rest of this season, and this afternoon's rally will prove that the College has confidence in his ability. It is expected that Coach Haines and Captain Winthrop will speak at the rally today.

The rally is the first one since the football mass meeting last fall, and it is expected that in numbers today's parade will nearly equal the gridiron demonstration. The successful rally of two years ago was held in a steady rain and with fair weather today even more enthusiasm can be expected.