Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

RALLIES AND RALLIES

In general the CRIMSON is not partial to athletic rallies. When they are an artificial means of producing what is known as college spirit, a spirit which according to the advocates of rallies would not exist as it should, except for the rallies, there is no logical place for them in university life. If college spirit can be made to exist only through such means, no attempt should be made to foster it. Affection for and loyalty to one's university, be it in scholarship or athletics, which does not come naturally cannot be aggravated in any healthy way by rallies.

The CRIMSON, believing in the above yet decidedly backing the crew rallyy scheduled for this afternoon, may appear to be shifting its ground. Such is not the case, for it sees in today's exhibition not an artificial stimulus to excite the undergraduates to support a sport or testir athletics into a mad frenzy that they may accomplish the phenomenal, but rather it sees in the rally a voicing of support and approval both necessary and encouraging to a Harvard crew in a difficult situation, a crew which besides having to face this situation must in three weeks' time develop into the most efficient combination of which it is capable.