BUDGET PLEDGES GO OVER $10,000 QUOTA

Pledges Must Be Fulfilled by End of November to Complete Fund--To Be Only Campaign of Year

The figure of $10,610 was announced last night as the total collected for the Student Council Budget. The new plan for the collection of money for the various expenses of the classes, the Phillips Prooks House Association, and the Student Council proved itself a popular one when at the end of the final day of registration the quota was oversubscribed by some $600.

Of this amount $1,898 was donated in the form of cash or checks. To secure the remainder the Student Council will send bills to the individual students for the amount designated on the pledge cards. These students who were unable to fill out the pledge card at the time of registration but who desire to make a contribution toward the Budget may still do so by mailing the amount or notification of the amount to be billed to their accounts to the Treasurer of the Student Council. Massachusetts Hall 11.

Pledges Must Be Fulfilled

In order that the Student Council may live up to its guarantee that there will be no more drives during the coming college year, it will be necessary that every pledge now in its hands be fulfilled. Neglect to pay, the bills which will be sent out in a few weeks would place the Student Council in an embarrassing situation.

The work of organizing the Budget drive and carrying it to a successful conclusion was carried out under the direction of J. L. Pool '28, secretary-treasurer of the Junior class. The collection of the pledges and the handling of the funds will be undertaken by treasurers of the Student Council and the three upper classes.

The Student Council Committee which last spring suggested the plan of the budget was headed by J. F. Barnes '27.